When an application is crashed on your Mac computer then obviously you feel frustrated but don’t worry it is not a complex issue. To resolve this issue you require to force quit that program in Mac OS X.
Below are the five methods to force quit an application in Mac OS X as suggested by the Mac OS X Support.
Related Topic : How to Uninstall Software Programs From Mac OS X Computer
Method 1: Activity Monitor
- Visit Spotlight and input ‘Activity Monitor’, and then click on application that displays on your screen.
- Locate and choose the tool or procedure that you wish to kill in any one of the tabs.
- Press ‘stop’ button in the top. This will force the program to quit.
Method 2: Menu Bar
- In the top left corner of your screen you need to click on the “Apple” icon.
- Choose “Force Quit” in the menu. This will start the Force Quit program window.
- Here choose the application you wish to force quit. If the application has crashed, it will show message “Not Responding” in the menu.
Method 3: Dock Contextual Menu
- Press the Option key and right-click on the program icon in the dock. This will start a small list of alternatives, called as contextual menu.
- Here choose “Force Quit”. This will terminate the program that you pick in the dock.
Method 4: Terminal Commands
- Launch the Terminal application.
- Search here the Process ID. When you discover the name of application, search the number at left in Process ID column.
- Keep a note of the Process ID number.
- Then input “q”. This will close the list of applications and you will view command line.
- Then input “kill ###”. Substitute “###” with the number in PID Column.
Method 5: Keyboard Shortcuts
- Type Command + Option + Esc at a same time. This will launch the Force Quit program window.
- Choose the application you wish to force quit. If the application is crashed, it will display error message “Not Responding”.
- The final step is to click on the button “Force Quit”.
Why Call Us+1-855-267-5995 Apple OS X Support Number?
Our Apple Mac customer support service is available for different group of customers using different devices worldwide that meet their daily demands for various working requirements. If you are looking for online assistance to resolve your problem, you can call us on our toll-free Apple OS X Support +1-855-267-5995 and we will get back to you via online tech support service with the best Apple customer care support at reasonable charges. So don’t hesitate and call our toll-free number immediately.