Are you getting ‘Your Apple ID has been disabled’ message after trying to sign in to your Apple account? If yes, then you are not alone. Many Apple device users have encountered this issue and this is quite common.
If you are trying again and again with new sets of passwords to log in, then please stop. This will worsen the Apple ID disabled issue as this might permanently disable your Apple ID.
This phenomenon mainly takes place on iPhones. We have gathered some sure-shot fixes to resolve the issue, just for you.
Premium Fixes to Solve Apple ID Disabled Issue:
Basically, your Apple ID gets disabled due to some security measures, as claimed by the message appearing on your Apple devices. If someone tries to hack the Apple ID of yours, then this can happen. Otherwise, it occurs due to improper credentials provided while logging in many times.
Whatever the reason be, if you want to revive the Apple ID, then you need to go through the following fixes. Let’s get started.
Fix 1: Use the Web
In our opinion, you should try this fix first. You need a web browser of your choices like Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. Next, you have to follow the guidelines as cited below.
- Visit the appleid.apple.com webpage. There you have to navigate the section named ‘Forgot Apple ID or password?’. Next, you have to provide the email ID associated with the Apple ID disabled. Carry on the process with the Continue option after entering the security characters.
- There you will get two options. These are: ‘Get an email’ or ‘Answer security questions’. It’s better to choose the former option. Again, click the Continue option.
- You can also opt for the security questions. After that, provide the email ID. Apple will send an email to your provided email address. If you had enabled the Two-Factor Verification scheme, then you can sign in to your Apple account by using the trusted device.
- If you didn’t acquire the Two-Factor or Step Verification, you have to search for the Recovery Key mailed to your email address. You will find a Reset Now option inside the mail.
- It will redirect you to a new password page. Set the new password and confirm it. Don’t forget to write the password somewhere so that you don’t lose it anymore.
Apple has now reset the password for your Apple ID. Now, you can try signing in to your Apple ID disabled with the new password.
Fix 2: Use Two-Factor Verification Scheme
Apple has launched this reliable way to recover if you get your Apple ID disabled. Please track the section to revive the Apple ID with easier steps.
For iOS Devices:
If you can’t sign in to your Apple account on iPhone or other iOS devices, then you have to stick to the guidelines mentioned below. Make sure that you have enabled the Two-Factor Verification option.
- Open any trusted device.
- Now, open the Settings application on the iOS device. Then navigate the following path: Apple Profile> Password and Security> Change Password. If you are using iOS with 10.2 or earlier operating systems, then choose the iCloud option. Then proceed with the Your Name option.
- Follow the guidelines showing up on your device’s screen. These will help you to reset the password associated with the Apple ID.
When you have set the new password, you should be now able to log into the Apple account.
If you are using a Macbook and want to fix the disabled Apple ID, then go through the steps below.
- Open the Apple Menu icon. Next, choose the System Preferences option.
- After that, opt for the iCloud option followed by the Account Details option.
- You have to select the Reset Password option under the Security section. Here you have to provide the password of your MacBook to proceed with the password reset procedure.
Now, you must be able to enter the Apple account through your MacBook.
Fix 3: Use Two-Step Verification Scheme
Apple needs to verify your identity through this Two-Step Verification scheme. Apple will provide you a security key of 14 characters when you opt for the Two-Step Verification scheme. Use the instructions cited below to overcome the Apple ID disabled issue.
- You have to provide all the necessary credentials on the Reset Password web page of the Apple community. Mention the Apple ID. Proceed with the Continue option.
- Next, you have to enter the Recovery Key that is mailed to you by Apple.
- After that, you have to select one of the trusted devices. That device will receive a verification code.
- Enter the verification code and reset the password linked to your Apple ID.
You need to sign in with the newly set password. Also, don’t forget to update the password in the Settings of all your Apple devices.
Final Fix: Use Account Recovery
If you have used all the above-mentioned fixes and couldn’t recover the Apple ID, then you can try this fix. Well, this fix has one drawback. It will only work for those users who have enabled the Two-Step Verification scheme.
Account Recovery is the automated process launched by Apple. You should go through this process only if you haven’t got the Apple ID enabled. This may take several days to complete all the formalities.
For iOS Devices:
If you own an iPhone, iPod, or iPad, then you must consider the following steps to regain access to your Apple account.
- If you are using iOS 10.2 or earlier versions, then go to Settings and opt for the iCloud option. Otherwise, go to Settings and then directly enter the Sign In section.
- Choose the ‘Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it’ option. Then continue with the ‘Forgot Apple ID’ option.
- You need to mention the Apple ID and move on to the Next option.
- Provide the trusted phone number followed by the Next option. Therefore, follow all the on-screen guidelines.
If you are still stuck with Apple ID disabled problem, just opt for the Account recovery option by using the following steps.
- Expand the Apple Menu icon. Then choose the System Preferences option.
- Opt for the iCloud option and select the ‘Forgot Apple ID or password’ option.
- Provide the Apple ID of yours. Carry on the procedure with the Continue option.
- Mention the trusted phone number and follow the on-screen steps.
After you have performed the Account Recovery procedure, you have to wait for a couple of days. Apple takes some time to verify all the account credentials and then send an email that can initiate the password reset process. Additionally, you will receive the option to cancel the recovery method linked with the sent email from Apple.
Hopefully, you have successfully recovered the Apple ID disabled issue. If you face further issues, you can contact the customer support team to get rid of the issue.