While using iPhone XR, there might be multiple circumstances when you need to turn off your iDevice. Recently, many users are experiencing issues while turning off their iPhone XR. Specifically, when it was frozen or having a broken screen. Some users also encountered this problem while using Siri to turn off their iDevice.
To turn off iPhone XR when it is frozen or having a broken screen, it requires some specific set of instructions. So, if you are having similar issues or can’t use Siri to turn off the iPhone, keep reading.
Turn off iPhone XR by Following Simple Hacks
Below are the instructions in a detailed manner that you need to follow in order to turn off your iPhone XR.
Standard Way to Turn Off the iPhone XR
The general steps to switch off your iPhone XR are as follows:
- On your iPhone XR, press the Side button (also known as the Wake/Sleep tab) along with one of the Volume buttons. It can be either Volume Up or Volume Down.
- Once the screen changes, release these buttons. On the shutdown screen, drag the top toggle to the right-hand side to power off the iDevice.
That’s it! Remember, do not keep pressing the combination keys even after turning off the iPhone.
How to Turn Off iPhone XR When Frozen?
If your iPhone XR gets frozen and you can’t turn it off, then there might be certain issues with the installed software. On such occasions, you can follow the under mentioned instructions to get rid of the situation in no time.
Use the AssistiveTouch Feature
AssistiveTouch is an in-built feature that comes up with the iPhone XR. When you enable this feature, a button appears on the screen. This feature is specially designed for users with serious physical conditions, which makes it difficult to press the button.
Steps to Enable the AssistiveTouch Feature
- Hit the Settings icon to invoke the Settings app.
- Choose the General tab and tap on the Accessibility from the appeared menu.
- Go to the Interaction section and scroll down the options to locate the AssistiveTouch.
- Once you find it, tap on it to invoke the AssistiveTouch screen.
- Slide the option from Off to On and a new icon will appear on the screen.
Steps to Turn off iPhone using AssistiveTouch Feature
After you enable the AssistiveTouch feature, follow these instructions to power off your iOS.
- Hit the software-based button that appears after turning on AssistiveTouch.
- Then, choose the “Device” option.
- Press the Lock screen unless you find the Power Off slider
Finally, turn off the device by dragging the slider from left to right.
How to Turn Off iPhone XR with Broken Screen?
In case of a broken screen, if you can’t turn off your iDevice, then below cited instructions will help you out.
Hard Reset your iPhone
It is the most simple way to power off an iDevice that won’t turn off. This process is quite similar to the standard method of powering off the iDevice. To proceed with this method, follow the instructions underneath.
- Press the combination of the Home button and Sleep/Wake tab for a while.
- Now, wait for your iPhone’s screen to go black.
- Keep holding the combination keys until the Apple logo comes up on the display.
After you perform this instruction, your iPhone will turn off automatically.
How to Turn Off iPhone XR with Siri
Siri refers to an “intelligent assistant” that comes up with Apple devices. This allows the users to speak voice commands in order to operate these devices. Besides, you can power off your iDevice by using Siri as well. But before that, you need to enable Siri on your device.
Instructions to Enable Siri
- From the menu, tap on the Settings icon to open the window.
- After you access the Settings, look for the “Siri and search” feature.
- Now, tap on the option and make the “Listen for Hey Siri” option enabled.
- In case you want to give commands to Siri when the device is locked, locate and select the “Allow Siri When Locked” checkbox.
- Now, choose the “Press Side Button for Siri” in order to launch it from the device’s Power button.
Instructions to Turn off iPhone XR by utilizing Siri
- In order to activate the Siri with your voice, simply say “Hey Siri” and then ask to turn off the iPhone XR.
- Once the voice assistant detects your command, it turns off the device automatically.
We hope, now you understand how to turn off iPhone XR when the device gets frozen, having a broken screen, or using Siri.