There might be multiple scenarios when you need to factory reset your iPhone. Whether you need to erase all your personal data before selling the device or forgot your iPhone password, resetting is the ultimate resort.
Moreover, if you are experiencing any kind of internal bugs or glitches, then resetting the device can help you to get rid of the situation.
To factory reset your iPhone without a password, there are certain things you need to remember. Let’s discuss them in detail.
Make a Backup of Personal Data
Before you proceed to the factory reset of your iPhone, it is important to make a backup of your personal data. Since resetting the iPhone will remove all your data, information stored on the device.
In order to avoid such occasions, you can backup your important data by using the underlying instructions.
Back up iPhone Data Using iCloud
Follow these instructions to back up your iPhone data using the iCloud app.
- Primarily, invoke the settings from the Home screen. Then select the Apple ID banner that is located at the top of the screen.
- In the next screen, look for the iCloud application. Once you find it, tap on iCloud and choose the “iCloud Backup”.
- Afterward, slide the option from “Off” to “On” and hit the “Back Up Now” button.
- From the confirmation window, choose the OK button.
Wait until the backup process gets over. Keep in mind, this process may take a while hence, be patient.
Back up iPhone Files Using iTunes
You can also make the back via iTunes. For this purpose, you need to connect the iPhone to your computer by utilizing a reliable USB cable. After you connect it, follow the under mentioned instructions.
- On your computer, invoke the iTunes and tap on the category drop-down menu on the left side of the window.
- From the appeared menu, choose the “Device” icon and invoke the “Summary” from the resultant menu.
- After that, open the “Automatically Back up” section and hit “This Computer”.
- Under this section, scroll through and locate the “Encrypt [device] backup”. After you find it, place a tick mark on the box in order to select it. Also, ensure that your passcode and HomeKit is backed up.
- Go to the next window and attempt to create a passcode and secure your encrypted backup. Once it is done, the passcode will be stored in Keychain automatically.
- Lastly, choose the “Back up Now” and hit the “Done” button after you perform this instruction.
This way, you can backup your important iPhone data easily. Now, you can proceed with the factory reset as described below.
Instructions to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password
There can be a couple of different ways to reset an iDevice without using the passcode. So, check out the different methods and try the most suitable one.
Method 1: Factory Reset via Hardware Keys
This is one of the most basic ways to execute the factory reset process. So, you can simply factory reset your iPhone by using the hardware key. To do so, follow the instructions cited below.
- On your iPhone, press the Sleep/Wake key along with the Home button.
- Keep pressing the combinations keys unless the device reboots.
- Once the Apple logo appears, release the combination keys.
Now, your iPhone will automatically reset to the factory settings.
Method 2: Factory Reset via iTunes
This is another reliable way that you can try to factory reset your iDevice via iTunes. Make sure that you use the latest version of iTunes.
Synced iPhone Factory Reset Without Password
By using this technique, you can easily restore your iDevice from the previous iTunes backup. While proceeding with this method if you are asked for a password, then you can use the Recovery Mode in order to reset it.
- Firstly, use the device that is synced with the iPhone and invoke the iTunes app. Ensure that iTunes updates available are the latest version.
- Connect your iDevice to the computer by using the Apple USB. Go to the iTunes window and hit the iPhone icon.
- From the appeared panel, choose “Summary” and initiate the factory reset process by hitting the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Patiently wait until the restoration process gets completed.
Note– To update iTunes, invoke the application and proceed to double tap on the icon. From the menu bar, click on “Check for Updates”. Then download the latest version by tapping on the “Download Now” button.
Unsynced iPhone Factory Reset via Recovery Mode
In case of devices never synced to iTunes, follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your machine, open iTunes. Now, power off your iDevice and boot it into Recovery Mode.
- From the pop-up window, select “Restore or Update”.
- Simply, hit the “Restore” button to initiate the restoration process.
- When the restoration process gets over, set up your iDevice as per your preference.
Note- To boot the iPhone in Recovery Mode, press the Side button along with the Volume Up/Down button. Keep pressing the keys while inserting a cable to connect your iDevice to your computer. Continuously press the keys unless the Recovery screen appears.
Method 3: Factory Reset via iCloud
In order to proceed with this method, make sure that your iPhone is always connected to a stable Internet connection. Also, make sure that “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your device.
- Invoke a web browser and go to the official website of the iCloud.
- In the text bar, input the Apple ID and passcode.
- From the appeared menu, select “Find My iPhone”.
- Now, choose the “All Devices” and select your iDevice from the available menu.
- Thereafter, hit the ‘Erase iPhone” and follow the remaining prompts to complete the reset process.
Note- To enable the “Find My iPhone”, open the Settings app of your iDevice and hit the Apple ID from the top of the screen. From the queue window, choose iCloud and look for the “Find My iPhone” option. After you find it, tap on it and drag the option from “Disabled” to “Enabled” mode.
Method 4: Factory Reset via Settings
Further, you can also factory reset your iPhone via the Settings app. To do this reset, follow the steps underneath.
- Tap on the gear icon to invoke the Settings app.
- Next, go to the General Settings and hit the “Reset” button.
- Now, navigate to the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
- Once your iPhone reboots, the “Apps Data” screen automatically appears.
- In the next screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and hit the “Choose Backup” option.
Stick to the further instructions to complete the factory reset process.
We hope, after performing these instructions, you will be able to factory reset your iPhone without a password successfully.