iTunes Error 0xe80000a usually occurs when your system cannot get connected to your Apple device for some reason. It comes with an error message that goes like “iTunes could not connect to this phone an unknown error occurred 0xe80000a”. Now there can be numerous reasons behind such scenarios. From a corrupted USB cable port to a problematic iTunes process, the list is pretty long. To learn more about iTunes Error 0xe80000a lets go through its causes and solutions in detail.
Why Does iTunes Unknown Error 0xe80000a Occur?
Now as mentioned earlier, the causes behind such an error can be several. Thus, it is important to know about the cause behind this error in particular, before solving it. Here we have mentioned some of the causes for you to get a better perception.
- Any damaged USB port or cable
- Incomplete iTunes installation
- Improper working of iTunes processes
- Lockdown Folder of iTunes
- Outdated Windows or iTunes
- Invalid iTunes components
- Antivirus or any other security software
How to Fix iTunes Error 0xe80000a?
Before jumping into any solution, try closing iTunes and launch it again. Check whether the problem resolves after doing so. If it persists, follow the solutions given below sequentially and check which one works for you.
Solution 1: Reset the iTunes Lockdown Folder
Accumulation of security certificates due to any earlier connected iOS device within the lockdown folder can generate this error. Hence, try resetting it by deleting those folders containing the security software. You can do so by following the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to invoke the Run box. Within it, type “%AppData%” without the quotes.
- Go to the Apple folder and remove any folder named “Lockdown” inside it. After doing so, start iTunes and reconnect your Apple device.
- On implementing these steps, the problem should get resolved right away.
- On your Mac, open Finder and then click on Go.
- Select the “Go to Folder” option and type “/var/db/lockdown” in it.
- Press the Return button and remove all the Lockdown folder files.
Related Post: How To Fix iPhone Error 4013 or iTunes Error 4013?
Solution 2: Update iTunes
You can also try updating iTunes as doing so has been pretty effective for some users in fixing this iTunes error 0xe80000a. Check if the error resolves after performing this fix.
- First, open iTunes and go to Help.
- From there, click on “Check for updates”. If there will be any updates available, you will see a popup. Click on “Download iTunes”.
- Check the “Update” box beside iTunes and click on “Install 1 item”
- Follow the instructions appearing on your screen to update it successfully.
Solution 3: Uninstall iTunes and Reinstall it
If the problem persists, you can try uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it for an easy fix. To perform this solution, follow the steps cited below.
- Press the Windows and R keys together to invoke the Run window.
- Once you see the Run window, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit the Enter button.
- Go through the list of installed programs and select iTunes from the list. Click on uninstall.
- Again, go to the Recycle bin of your system and remove all its contents.
- Go to the “%programfiles%” directory and remove the iTunes leftovers from the window. You can do so by invoking the Run window and typing “ %programfiles% ” within it. Press the Enter button.
- Check the folders associated with iTunes, Bonjour, iPod and remove them from your system one by one.
- Alternatively, you can also search for such entries and uninstall them by navigating to the Control Panel and then going to the Programs and Features tab.
- First, click on Finder and then go to Applications.
- Choose the iTunes app and drag it to the Trash.
- Now, ctrl-click on Trash and click on Empty Trash.
- Reinstall iTunes by reaching their official webpage and clicking on the “Download Now” button.
Solution 4: Disable Your Antivirus
There are chances that you are confronting this issue due to any antivirus installed on your system. If such is the case, try disabling it and then check if the problem resolves or not.
- Look for your antivirus icon on your desktop and right-click on it.
- Click on the Disable option from the drop-down list to disable your Antivirus.
- On an alternative note, you can also go to Start and then click on “All Programs”. Go to Control Panel. Look for your antivirus software and click on it. Again, click on the “Remove or Uninstall” option to do the same.
- Go to the Spotlight search box and type the antivirus name. Hit the Enter button.
- Open your Antivirus and click on Stop or Disable. Click on Yes or Ok.
- Alternatively, you can just locate the antivirus icon and right-click on it. Select “Disable or Stop”.
- Lastly, click on Yes to confirm.
Solution 5: Stop the Processes of iTunes and Connect Your Apple Device Again
You can also try to stop iTunes and reconnect the Apple device by following the steps given below for an easy fix to error 0xe80000a on iTunes.
- Right-click on the taskbar of your system and click on “Task Manager” from the list. You can also start the Task Manager by pressing CTRL, ALT and DEL buttons altogether.
- Go to the Processes tab and search for “PodService.exe, AppleMobileDeviceService.exe or iTunesHelper.exe” processes. After that, click on End.
- Disconnect your phone from the system and reconnect it. Check whether the error resolves after implementing this fix or not.
Solution 7: Update the Corrupted Driver of Your System
There are also chances that you are facing this error due to any faulty driver within your system. If such is the case, you need to look for it and update it.
- Go to Start and right-click on it. From there, Go to the Win+X menu and click on Device Manager.
- Check for the driver which you think is problematic and right-click on it.
- Click on Update Driver and then follow the instructions appearing on your screen. Restart your system after performing this solution.
Solution 8: Reset your Location and Privacy Settings
You are also very likely to confront this error due to an inappropriate location or privacy settings of the iPhone. Follow the steps cited below for an easy resolution.
- Go to Settings and then click on General>Reset.
- On the other screen, tap on Reset location>Privacy>Tap Reset Settings.
- Check if the issue is resolved after resetting the location and privacy settings of your device.
Solution 9: Update Your Windows Operating System/Mac
Another easy technique to resolve this error is just by performing a Windows OS update. To do so, just follow the steps given below one by one.
- Press the Windows and I keys together to start the Settings and then navigate to the Update and Security Tab.
- Within the Windows update tab, look for the “Check for Updates” option and click on it.
- Wait for some time so that the scanning gets completed and check if there are any pending downloads for Windows. If yes, then update the Windows operating system and then reboot your system.
- Check if the problem gets resolved or not.
- Go to Apple Menu and then System Preferences. Click on Software Update.
- To do so through the App store, click on the Apple Menu. Navigate to About This Mac and click on Software Update.
Apart from that, you can also try restarting your Windows 10 system or Mac and check if the problem resolves or not. So these were some of the solutions following which you should be able to fix iTunes unknown error 0xe80000a easily.