Troubleshoot iOS Error 3194 occurs while restoring or updating the iPhone or iPad via iTunes. There are several other reasons which execute this error like patchy internet connection issues, invalid iTunes problems, and related software security faults.
Another cause is when users have not properly connected to Apple’s firmware signature verification server and the reason behind this may be a broken device and they have changed the way iTunes connects to the verification server. Read this blog and all below mentioned steps that are explained in details to fix error iOS 3194.
Troubleshoot iOS Error 3194 In 2 Simple Steps
Upgrading an iPhone or any other iOS device to its new version or restoring it is a simple process. You can complete it by following some simple steps within five minutes. But in most of the cases, it gets complicated because of several reasons. Thus, the iOS Error 3194 is also one of the results that you encounter when the upgrading goes wrong.
What Is iOS Error 3194?
The 3194 error in iOS occurs while you update your device. It can also arise while restoring or syncing the iPhone and iPod Touch. Many iOS users face this issue while updating. It comes up with an error message ” The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).” on your device’s screen.
Causes For iOS Error 3194 To Occur
This error occurs when the iOS or iTunes is unable to connect to the update server of the Apple software. These servers activate the iOS when you update or restore something.
If the activation servers cannot be active, then you will not be able to restore or upgrade anything. Thus, it plays a crucial role. Most of the time, it also occurs due to a jailbreak in the iPhone, iPad or iPod set modified. If these happen, then you will be blocked from the Apple server, and thus you can encounter the error number 3194.
Steps to Fix and Troubleshoot iOS Error 3194
Step 1: Editing the Hosts File
- Make sure that your iTunes is entirely closed before performing any function to allow changes take an effect to it
- To fix the iOS error 3194, navigate to Windows to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and then, hit double-click on the host file.
- Select the “Notepad” icon from the given list of programs
- Next, carefully open the “Terminal” section from the Utilities folder and then, type the “sudo nano /etc/hosts” message. Press the “enter” button now which will open the hosts file in a text editor.
- Find the Apple address straight at the bottom section.
- Now redirect to the signature verification method to solve the error faster.
- Allow your iPhone to establish the connection properly and then save these changes
- Open the iTunes next and make an attempt to restore or update again.
- Now try to put carefully your iOS device into the Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode.This is necessary to make sure that iTunes is well connected. Users will be prompted to restore their iPhone now.
Step 2: Remotely Reset the iOS Device
- Log into the iCloud website or you can even open the “Find My iPhone” app on another device.
- Next, open the “Find My iPhone service” in the iCloud.
- Select the iOS device from the top menu of the screen.
- Now, click on the “Erase” button which can be found in the iOS device’s card.
- Setup the iOS device and then, restore your backup carefully
Dial at iOS Toll-Free Number +1-800-763-4027 for iOS Issues Now!
We are world-class iOS Customer Support expert team of technicians who work round the clock to assist users in fixing up complex to complex issues as and when needed by them. Our services are available to users 24*7 hours that comprehensive and un-matched to experience by them. Call us and we are here to listen up to your queries anytime!
If you are unable to resolve the error code 3194 in iOS, then you can contact us for the support. We are here 24*7 only to help you with the best solutions. Call us at +1-800-763-4027 our technical customer support unit is here to help you out with the best in class solutions.
If you are not able to contact us anyhow, then request us for the help by emailing us. One of our experts will connect you within the next few minutes. Ensuring you to help you out with the best approach to fix the error is our primary motive.