In this technologically advanced era, most PC users encounter Error code -50 Mac quite often. It is primarily a file transfer error. The error code occurs every time with the user when they try to transfer files from one drive to another file or folder. Due to this error, you face problems with device input and output failure. Try to recover the error by following the article.
If you are facing the same issue with your Mac device then go through the article. Check out the solutions as mentioned below and try this to sort out the glitch.
What Causes Error Code -50 Mac?
Users are complaining about the error quite often. This error may occur when you are trying to copy files to other locations, sometimes on the same hard drive or external hard drive. You can see a popup notification which says “The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50).” The reasons that are responsible for the error are:
- Corrupted or missing programs or the system files.
- An old version of any software or system
- Misconfigured system settings
- Hardware-related problems
- Problems with cache or junk files.
Ways To Get Rid Of Error Code -50 Mac
If you are facing the same issue, then you must solve out clearly. Otherwise, your device may get damaged. So follow the steps below:
Step 1. Install available updates
Sometimes the old software prevents you from using the computer easily. Therefore, due to the old software or system, the error may occur. For this reason, you need to check for updates and install.
- At first, navigate to the home screen.
- Then, go to the App Store bar.
- Next, choose the Update tab.
- Finally, Click on the Update All button and check for the available updates.
Step 2. Check login items
Reboot your Mac device in Safe mode to see if the error is occurring or not. If this appears then the source of the problem may be startup or login items or a text file.
- Firstly, to start the process you must navigate to the System Preferences option.
- Then, choose the bar Users & Groups.
- Next, select on your account icon and navigate to the Login Items option shown on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Select the items from the list.
- Then, tap on the Minus button to clear the items.
- After completing the process, Restart your Mac device and check if the error is resolved.
Step 3. Fix hardware issues
This error may occur due to the hardware issue as well. Thus you need to reset the PRAM and as well as the SMC.
Reset the PRAM
- First, switch off the Mac device.
- Then, press down the power button.
- Next, press down Command + Option + P + R simultaneously till the computer starts rebooting. You can hear the startup sound Twice.
- After hearing the startup sound, release the key and check if the reset is done or not.
Reset the SMC on Mac with the removable battery
- At first, switch off the Mac.
- Then, separate the battery from your machine.
- Next, press down the power key for a few moments.
- Finally, turn on your system.
Reset the SMC on Mac without the removable battery
- The first thing you must do is to turn off your Mac.
- Then, select Shift + Control + Option together on the keyboard and also hold the power button.
- Press down the keys and power button for 10 seconds.
- Finally, release the keys and switch on the device.
Call +1-800-763-4027 Get In Touch With Experts | 24*7 Services
In case, you failed to troubleshoot Error Code -50 Mac then feel free to call at Apple Support Phone Number. The engineers are always ready to assist you with the perfect solutions. Share all the doubts related to the issue via an email. We assure that our experts will reply you in a short time.